My PhDPlease note this page is under construction and will be finished soon. Thank you very much for your comprehension.
After three successful internships, I decided to pursue my path with a PhD on this subject:
Comparison of epigenomes from non-model species
- Genomics/Bioinformatics/Computational biology
- Evolutionary epigenetics
- Stem cells
- Developmental plasticity
- Christoph Grunau
- David Duval
Dans cette thèse, nous allons nous intéresser à deux de ces mécanismes : la méthylation de l’ADN dans le cadre d’une étude pan-espèces et la modification post-traductionnelle des histones d’un vers parasite de l’homme (Schistosoma mansoni).
During this PhD, I used various methods. Firstly, I used
Since the beginning of my PhD, I have been a co-author of three articles, which are:
- I am a first author for this article Universality of the DNA methylation codes in Eucaryotes in Scientific Reports.
- I am also co-author for this article Notos - a Galaxy tool to analyze CpN observed expected ratios for inferring DNA methylation types in BMC bioinformatics. .
- I am also co-author in article Histone methylation changes are essential for life cycle progression in the human parasite Schistosoma mansoni in PLOS pathogens.
- I am a co-author for this article Epigenetic origin of adaptative phenotypic variants in the human blood-fluke Schistosoma mansoni in Epigenetic & Chromatin.
My PhD defense
I defended my PhD thesis at the May 24th 2018. My dissertation committee was composed by:
- Prof. Jérôme Boissier, IHPE lab, University of Perpignan, France
- Prof. Malika Aïnouche, EcoBio lab, University of Rennes 1, France
- Dr. Emmanuelle d'Alençon, INRA Montpellier, France
- Dr. Christine Cousteau, INRA Nice, France
- Dr. Natacha Bies-Ethève, LGDP lab, University of Perpignan, France
You can find my thesis preface in the blog page (only in french). This one made it possible to make known all the difficulties met during my childhood and during my school and university career, as well as to explain my interest for sciences and biology in particular. This seemed to me justified considering my atypical profile and it seemed important to me that people I did not know knew it.
You can download my PhD thesis (in french).
Below, you can watch my PhD defense (in french).
Below, you can find two reference letters from my PhD advisors:
- reference letter written by Christoph Grunau (in english).
- reference letter written by David Duval (in english).
- Mora, C., Tittensor, D. P., Adl, S., Simpson, A. G. B., and Worm, B. (2011). How many species are there on earth and in the ocean? PLoS Biol. 9, 1–8.
- Epigenetics, Speciation, Ecology and Evolution